Monday, August 27, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies!


I don't always make sugar cookies.
I make other kinds too....really I do!

I shared this recipe in a guest post over at Itsy Bitsy Paper Blog last week!


I'd thought I'd share it here too.....enjoy!



Lizy B's Favorite Cookies in the Whole Wide World!



This recipe came about in a silly sort of way.  
When my family and I travel anywhere with friends, I always bring cookies
 (if you've ever stopped by my blog this won't surprise you too much).  

One particular trip, I sent out the email I always send...

"I'm turning on the oven today to bake cookies for our trip...any requests?"

I usually hear...'Chocolate chip'....'Peanut Butter'....'anything with some sugar in it...'

but this day, Miss Christy replied...



"How about......Oatmeal Raisin Pecan?!"



And that was that.

These are now the cookie that I can't ever bake for myself.

Know why?



Because I will eat them ALL!!!!!!!!!

(that's not a joke people....it has happened...more than once)



Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies




1 1/2 cups A.P. flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 lb. unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup lt. brown sugar - packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (room temp)
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup pecans-broken or coarsely chopped

preheat oven to 350-makes approximately 32 cookies

Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until creamy.  Add sugars and beat until fluffy, approx 3 min.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Incorporate dry ingredients using your mixer's lowest setting.  Then add oats, raisins and pecans.  (You can chop your pecans if you like. I measure out one cup of pecan halves, scoop a few into my hand at a time, and crack them as I drop them into the bowl)  Scoop out onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets.  Bake 14-16 minutes.  They are done when the edges just start to turn brown, the rest of the cookie will look underdone.  

(If you eat one right away...the center will still be gooey.)  





Here's the best part....there's oatmeal, pecans and raisins....remind you of anything?

That sounds like breakfast to me!

(I think even Dr. Oz would approve of the whole grains, don't you?)




Thanks for having me over to your blog Lindy!

(If you click over to the original post, she created a printable version!)



Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

9 comments:

  1. I love this type of cookie too - I always feel better about OD'ing on cookies containing rolled oats and raisins. So healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, they sound great, I'm on board! I used the whole oats=healthy argument the day I made Raisinette Cookies too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I agree, Dr. Oz approved for sure. Thank you for sharing these yummy cookies at my Our Favorite Things Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those do look absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM YUM!!! I might have to make a batch!

    PS- Lovin your Trader Joe's ingredients! We're the SAME way!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oatmeal is a fav in this house- will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! Cookies for breakfast. I like that concept! Your cookies look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound INCREDIBLE!! I am out of oats or I would make a batch right now! I will make them soon;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A must-try! Oats and pecans make them guilt free too:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...